Thursday, August 24, 2017

Cream Cheese Muffins


The frequency of baking cakes has come down to a certain degree in my kitchen. But since my older son loves muffins, I do bake them once in a while. And sometimes pack them off for his colleagues at his office. He's a content writer in a medical company. I'm happy he's based here as of now. The future might be a different story.
Recently, I went to Haflong to visit my mother. She's 75 years old and even with bad knees but plenty of physiotherapy, she has started working on her vegetable garden. There's always something to pick, eat and even wonder at the things that grow.:)
One portion of the garden where beans & gourds grow
And when I am at my mother's, I can never resist taking food shots in the backyard. There are coconut and betel nut trees, guava, banana, jackfruit and so many more. The sight of the blue hills is always such a joy to behold. 

Here's an early morning shot of freshly-made musk melon juice taken in my mother's backyard.
Ingredients:
200 grams cream cheese at room temperature
2/3 cup caster sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
11/2 cups flour (I used half and half of all-purpose and whole wheat flour)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup melted butter
Fresh from the oven

Method:
Preheat the oven to 180 C . Sieve the flour with the baking powder and set aside.
In a blender, mix the wet ingredients.
Pour in the dry ingredients and mix till homogeneous.
If you feel that the mixture is a bit too dry, add about a tablespoon of milk.
With the help of a spoon, transfer the batter to lined muffin moulds.
Bake for 20-25 minutes till golden brown.
Remove and cool on a wire rack.
And the dried rose petals came from this rose that I plucked yesterday.
These muffins are wonderfully soft and so fragrant. I doubt whether they will see the light of day!!:)
Post a Comment