But this time I added them to savoury muffins made with flour and polenta. Although polenta is generally added along with the flour in most recipes, I like to cook it in milk or chicken stock before adding it to the muffin mixture. Makes the muffins softer.
1 cup plain flour
1/2 cup polenta
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 quarter teaspoon salt
2 deseeded green chillies, finely chopped OR
1 quarter teaspoon coarsely grated black pepper
1 medium onion finely diced
One & a half level teaspoons baking powder (sieved with the flour)
1 cup of boiled corn
100 ml milk
- Grease a muffin tray and preheat the oven.
- Mix the sieved flour and polenta together. if you don't like that extra crunch you can cook the polenta in about two cups of milk or chicken stock till it becomes a thick mixture.
- Beat the eggs, add the milk and the oil.
- Then add all the dry ingredients along with the boiled corn. Divide the mixture in the baking spaces on the muffin tray.
- Bake in a 190 degree oven for about 25 minutes. Check with a toothpick. If it comes out clean, remove from the oven.
Thank you for stopping by....and for adding me to your circles. I hope you visit Blending Flavours on Facebook too!