|A variety of okra grown in our region|
|Okra with eggs|
One okra dish that she used to make was with a few ingredients but it was delicious! Here's the recipe.
About 250 grams of tender okra
1 large onion, diced
2 green chillies, chopped
2 small tomatoes
Pinch of turmeric
Salt to taste
A bunch of serrated coriander, chopped fine
- Wash the okra, drain, and dry with a tea towel and cut into thin circles. They need to be absolutely dry as we don't want the dish to be gooey.
- Heat oil in a pan and when it comes to smoking point, add the onions and chillies.
- Cook till the onions are translucent then add the cut vegetable.
- Fry for a few minutes then add the turmeric. Chop the tomatoes and add them as well.
- Check to see if it's done and season with salt.
- Break the eggs in a bowl and whisk for a minute or so.
- Add the beaten eggs to the dish and stir till the eggs are scrambled.
- Take the dish off the heat and garnish with the chopped herbs.